Saturday, December 13, 2014

Chicken Broccoli

BINGO!  I have chicken in the fridge I need to use ASAP.

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 bags Frozen Broccoli (I used fresh)
1 Large (16 oz) container Sour Cream
Grated Cheddar Cheese

- Mix mushroom soup and sour cream
- Place 1/2 mix in bottom of 13x9 baking dish.
- Braise chicken.
- Cube chicken and place chicken on mixture. (my one recommendation)
- Place broccoli on chicken.
- Cover chicken and broccoli with remaining mixture. 
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake @ 350 for 1 hour.

This one is pretty straight forward...until it says "Braise Chicken".  Um, what the heck is braised chicken?  So, I looked it up.  For more info on how to braise chicken, click here.  Newsflash!  It takes too long.  I am the Mom of a 17 month old.  Ain't nobody got time for that!  So, I followed the instructions from my BFF, Pioneer Woman, and quickly seasoned those breasts with salt and pepper and baked them for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.  Here is where I learned how to bake chicken from her amidst an amazing Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe that you simply MUST try!  

Once the chicken is cooked, layer that bad boy casserole and throw it in the oven. 

Mom got this one right in the easiness category!  Also, it is dangerously delicious!  I do not have a photo of the finished product here because I ate it too fast before I could document it.



No comments:

Post a Comment