Sunday, February 1, 2015

Enchilada Casserole





 We are back on the cooking train!  After taking a bit of a hiatus from grocery shopping (literally), I finally got back to Trader Joe's, stocked the pantry and refrigerator, and my family can eat home-cooked meals again.  I think my husband is happy about this.  I broke open Mom's recipe books again and came across this easy enchilada casserole.  It is not only extremely easy, but boy, it is good!  I feel that it can be eaten alone as a casserole or it can be used as a dip!
  As usual, I do not know where it originated from and invite any readers to speak up if they know the history about this one.  I absolutely love learning about where these recipes came from and about the people that knew my Mom.  She had a great impact on the lives of so many people and it warms my heart to hear more about her from those that loved her!
 


3    Cans chili - no beans (I used turkey chili with beans and it is delicious)
1    Can corn - drained
1    8 oz sour cream
1/2 Bag crushed corn chips
1    Cup green chili salsa

- Mix all ingredients together and place in baking dish.  
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350ºF.
- Serves best if it has been refrigerated and re-heated.

And that is it!  So fast, so easy!  Happy Superbowl Sunday! This one would be a good one to take to a party.



No comments:

Post a Comment